- Attractive remuneration package and medical scheme plus vehicle.
ISO Limited is a NZ based cargo logistics company wholly owned by Qube Holdings Limited, Australia.
About the role
We are looking to employ a Safety & Compliance Coordinator based in our Wellington Port operations. This is a hands on role and the successful candidate will be comfortable working out in our operational environment. If you enjoy a desk job this is not the right role for you as at least 50% of your day will be interacting with our operational team at the coal face. The primary objective of this pivotal role is to promote excellence in safety performance and workplace injury prevention and to monitor and continually improve safety and safety management within our Wellington operations.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the hazard identification and control process
- Safety reporting to management
- Managing safety database
- Supporting Safety committees and employee safety reps
- Monitoring worksite safety practices
- Conduct investigations where necessary
- Monitor industry initiatives and best practice
The key skills required for this role include:
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications
- Self-management skills
- The ability to interact with site managers and operational teams
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification (or extensive relevant work experience as a safety professional), workplace safety management experience as well as an in depth knowledge of quality management principles and auditing. Experience in the ports and stevedoring industry would be preferable but not essential as we would be happy to speak to safety professionals from a wide range of industries, particular those dealing with heavy plant and equipment.
Applications close 23rd November 2018.