- Group Medical Scheme
- Excllent start rate
- Permanent position
- Immediate start
- Monday to Friday position with occasional weekends
ISO Limited is a NZ based cargo logistics company wholly owned by Qube Holdings Limited, Australia.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a General Hand to join our Mechanical & Engineering department based at the port in Mt. Maunganui. The successful candidate will be ready to get stuck in, support others and contribute to the success of the department.
This role is responsible for reporting daily to the Equipment Coordinator to ensure the appropriate equipment is allocated and delivered to each vessel. As well as maintaining compliance, a record of repairs and inspections of all equipment in the ISO Gear Store.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure the appropriate equipment is allocated and delivered to each vessel and is compliant and in good operational order.
- Keep stock records and maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Carry out scheduled compliance equipment servicing checks and inspections as per check sheets.
- Liase with workshop supervisor to carry out welding and engineering repairs.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance inspections after each vessel.
- Paint and solvent recovery; organise and clean paint cages and paint spray machines.
- Phsycially fit and strong
- Good communication skills
- Display professionalism
- Work unsupervised
- Team player
- Accurate record-keeping
- Current Class 1 Driver License
- Current Class 2 Driver License
- Forklift OSH Certificate
- Basic computer skills
Safety is our #1 priority and we have a zero tolerance on drugs in the workplace. Therefore all candidates must be prepared to undertake pre-employment and regular random drug testing and be properly inducted into each are of the business.
You must have the legal right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.